Spring is a time of year to be savored in its own right, and not just as a harbinger of summer. At the same time, you’d well to set aside at least a little time for summer preparation so you can make the most of spring and summer combined.
Here’s a handy checklist to help get you started on the right foot:
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Also, be sure to wipe off any dust inside and out.
- Vacuum and dust your vents, registers, and refrigerator coils for cleaner indoor air and greater energy efficiency.
- If you have a ceiling fan, give the blades a good cleaning with a damp cloth, and vacuum any dust from the motor.
- Consider updating your thermostat to a programmable model that allows you to preset different temperatures for different times of the day and reduce your energy costs in the process.
- Clean or replace your air conditioning filter to keep your system operating more efficiently and dust free.
- Check your roof for any damaged or missing shingles, and clean your gutters and downspouts. Also, make sure downspouts are directing water away from your home to help keep water out of your basement or garage.
- Spring is also a great time to pressure-wash the exterior of your home, including decks and patios.
- Check for, and seal, any cracks in your driveway or on your sidewalks.
- Check windows and doors for any cracks or chipping paint, especially near corners. Properly seal frames to keep water out while preventing conditioned air from escaping outdoors and driving up your utility costs.
Now’s also the perfect time to contact Furnace Doctors for our air conditioning cleaning and inspection service. The object is to ensure it’s ready to keep you and your family cool and comfortable all summer long, without interruption. Plus, with annual maintenance, your system will last longer and cost less to operate. We look forward to your call.