Energy efficiency is becoming an increasingly popular concern among homeowners everywhere. If you’re looking to improve the energy efficiency of your home, your HVAC system should be one of the first places you look. Not only do low-efficiency furnaces consume more electricity than your other appliances, but they can also impact comfort levels in your home. At Furnace Doctors, we know how important it is that your home is comfortable and cost-efficient. If you’re curious about the importance of an efficient furnace, read on to learn more.

 

What Does Furnace Efficiency Measure?

The efficiency rating of your furnace measures the percentage of fuel it converts into heat for your home. Your furnace should display an AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency, to denote how well it performs. If it displays a 90 percent AFUE, that means that it converts 90 percent of the fuel it consumes into heat. The other 10 percent is lost through combustion during the heating process. If you have an older furnace, it likely has an AFUE of 70 percent or lower. Not only does it generate unnecessary heating expenses, but it also does not heat your home as effectively.

 

An Efficient Furnace Saves You Money

If you’re looking to cut costs on your monthly energy bill, an efficient furnace can help you do that. Because it requires less energy to operate and heats your home more effectively, you reduce your overall energy usage. Add in the fact that the government issues tax refunds for energy efficient appliances, and you achieve even greater savings. It may be an investment upfront, but it will improve your quality of life and pay for itself over time.

 

Greater Efficiency Means Longer Life

High-efficiency furnaces have a longer lifespan than their low-efficiency predecessors. Modern improvements remove moisture from within the heat exchanger and lessen chemical buildup, resulting in longer life. These systems also feature more efficient on-off cycling to further extend their operation. You’ll need to have your furnace regularly maintained to ensure it lasts, so be sure to schedule maintenance services with a qualified professional.

 

High-Efficiency Equals High Performance

With new technology comes better performance. A high-efficiency furnace not only improves airflow throughout your home, but it also operates more quietly. Advancements in sound absorbing materials reduce operating noise, and variable speed motors heat your home quickly and evenly. More efficient systems also boast advanced air filtration capabilities. Taking advantage of this feature means you won’t have to worry about breathing in numerous allergy-inducing impurities.

 

Furnace Repair and Replacement in the Twin Cities

Whether you need to maintain your furnace or install a new one, Furnace Doctors is here to serve you. We know how critical it is that your furnace operates efficiently which is why we offer repair, replacement, and installation services throughout the Twin Cities. With over 42 years of experience, our expert technicians guarantee your full satisfaction.

 

If you’d like to learn more about high-efficiency furnaces or need to schedule maintenance or repair, give us a call. You can reach us at 651-789-3082, or you message us on our contact page.