When it comes to replacing your furnace, you want to find a product that performs better than your current furnace while saving you money in energy costs and repairs.
The best products on the market are efficient and powerful. The best products for you, however, are both efficient and provide adequate heat to provide comfort for your entire family.
Furnace Doctors can assess your needs and can replace your current model with a new furnace that matches your home. Call us today for a free home evaluation.
Below is a short guide for homeowners who are already planning to make the switch to a new furnace.
Understanding Annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE)
When furnace technicians geek out over AFUE, what we’re talking about is annual fuel utilization efficiency. In other words, how efficient your furnace is over the course of twelve months.
The AFUE rates a furnace’s ability to convert fuel to heat efficiently. The minimum requirement for today’s homes is 80 percent. You may want to invest in a unit that is closer to 90 percent. Keep in mind, a unit’s AFUE depends on the size and layout of your home. Also, remember that higher efficiency units cost more, but you’ll appreciate the long-term saving.
Top Five Things to Look for in a Furnace
If it’s time to replace your unit, then you need some type of criteria for doing so. Below is a straightforward list of the top five things you should look for in a furnace.
1. The Furnace Must be Dependable. Minnesota winters are cold and lengthy. You will use your furnace more than your AC. Will your furnace last winter after winter for the next ten to fifteen years?
2. The Furnace Must Save on Energy Costs. As a furnace gets older, it requires more energy to keep your home comfortable. This costs more money. A new model should be able to save you 30 percent to 50 percent on your utility bills.
3. The Furnace Should be the Right Size. If the furnace is too small, it will not heat your home. If the furnace is too big, you’ll get plenty of heat along plenty of energy costs. It’s too expensive to install an oversized unit.
4. A Furnace From a Reputable Manufacturer. Find a high-quality product from a manufacturer you trust. You’re likely to get good customer service, a solid product, and a healthy warranty.
5. You Will Benefit From Zoned Heating. ENERGY STAR, Angie’s List, and Bob Vila all agree. Zoned heating will save you a ton of money. You can target which areas or zones in your home you want to heat and when you want to heat them - all from a fully programmable thermostat.
Furnace Maintenance: Purchase the Annual Plan
If you don’t take care of your furnace, it will die a quick death. Furnaces have a shelf life of 15-20 years. But this is assuming that you are hiring a technician to perform routine annual maintenance. If you neglect the unit, you may get 10-15 years out of it.
This is why you should get a maintenance plan that is on autopilot. Furnace Doctors offers an annual maintenance plan that will take care of your furnace while also give you discounts on service. You simply pay a small annual fee, and we contact you when it’s time to service your furnace.
With ongoing maintenance, you can expect to get 15-20 years out of your furnace.
Complete Furnace Replacement From Furnace Doctors
When it comes to replacing your furnace, trust the team at Furnace Doctors to provide you with first-rate service and industry-leading products you can trust. We offer furnace repair, replacement, and new home installation for clients in Little Canada, Minnesota.
To schedule a free consultation or repair service, call us today at 651-789-3082, or you message us on our contact page.