Here’s an interesting fact: the average household generates about 40 pounds of dust every year, much of which lands squarely inside your air ducts.
Out of sight out of mind, right? Only if you enjoy breathing in particles of dust, dirt, and other airborne contaminants every time your AC or furnace fan engages and conditioned air starts blowing through your air ducts. When it does, it picks up loose particles of whatever’s inside your ducts and blows them through your home an average of 5 to 7 times a day.
Will having your ducts cleaned automatically provide you with healthier indoor air. Not necessarily, but here’s what air duct cleaning can do for you and your home:
- If you are sensitive to the airborne contaminants residing inside your ductwork – like chemical and smoke by-products – cleaner ducts means reduced exposure.
- On average, about 25 to 40 percent of the energy used to heat or cool your home is wasted. Having your ducts cleaned enables your home comfort systems to work more efficiently, thus reducing your monthly utility costs.
- With less and dust and dirt blowing through your home and settling on your furniture, curtains, drapes, and more, you’ll have an easier time cleaning your house.
Who’ an ideal candidate for professional duct cleaning? You are if:
- It’s been 4 year or more since the last time you had them cleaned.
- You just purchased a home with air ducts.
- Your home was recently subject to flooding or any other kind of extensive water damage.
- You allow smoking in your home.
At Furnace Doctors, we have the most advanced duct cleaning and inspection equipment in the business. More importantly, we know how to expertly employ them to determine just how dirty your ducts might be before recommending (or not) our service. We’ll also show you before and after images so you’ll just how thorough the end result will be.
For more information or a professional evaluation of the interior of your home’s air ducts, contact Furnace Doctors today.