There are certain rules of thumb in our business, like the one that states “there’s no better time than spring for annual air conditioning preventative maintenance.”
And while that’s generally true, we find that some people take it too far. As in, if they put off having their system professionally cleaned and inspected in the spring, they’re inclined to let it go the entire cooling season and just wait for the following spring. And there, dear blog reader, is where a rule of thumb can become a poke in your eye.
And now for a better rule: to perform in peak efficiency, you need to have your AC cleaned and inspected once a year. If it doesn’t happen in the spring, that’s okay. Because there’s plenty of cooling season to follow when it’s warm enough to perform that service.
Here are the best reasons you have to never miss an AC maintenance opportunity:
- The average lifespan of an AC system is 15 – 20 years, so the more TLC you show it, the longer and more faithfully it will serve you.
- If you have a newer system, your warranty could be cancelled unless you adhere to its professional maintenance requirements.
- The whole point of preventative maintenance is keeping your system as close to repair free as possible, but even if a small repair issue is spotted during the inspection, it will cost you less hassle and money to fix it now than to wait until things get worse.
- Annual preventative maintenance also helps guard against home electrical fires, mold and mildew build-up, and other potential hazards.
- And let’s not forget the whole energy angle – as in, the cleaner and better maintained your system, the lower your monthly energy costs.
Think of a mid- or late-summer AC inspection as a vacation for your system – a welcome break, however brief, from the 24/7 grind of keeping you and your family cool, calm, and comfortable. And while you’re thinking of that, why not call us right now to schedule service, especially if it’s been a year or more since your system was last professionally serviced. Furnace Doctors: helping you protect your investment in superior indoor comfort, all year long.