Do you notice anything unusual as you move from one room to another? You know, like significant variations in temperature? It’s a common enough problem, and yet one that often goes ignored as people simply get used to it.
Still, if bothers you even a little, why suffer needlessly when there’s no doubt the problem can be identified and corrected? Here are some simple diagnostic tips to help you get a head start on things:
- Walk around the house to see if heat loss is occurring throughout, or if it’s confined to a single zone. If the latter is the case, check the thermostat to see if someone accidentally shut it off or turned it way down. If it’s set at the normal temperature, the thermostat could still be causing the problem and not your furnace.
- After checking your thermostats, check to ensure that your heating system is receiving power. Yes, as basic and as that might sound, pets can accidentally unplug a furnace or a breaker switch can flip and need to be reset.
- Try raising the thermostat that covers the area of your home where you feel uncomfortably cold.
- Put your hand near all heating vents or registers to determine if you have a system-wide or more isolated problem.
- Check your furnace filter to see if it’s dirty and clogged. If so, clean or replace it as appropriate.
- Also, check windows and doors for air leaks. Maybe your furnace and thermostats are just fine but can’t keep up with the cold air infiltrating in places where heat loss can be prevented.
In the examples above, you’ve seen that a lack of heat can be caused by at least four problems: heat loss with accompanying cold air getting indoors, ineffective air distribution, a faulty thermostat, or a problem with your furnace. And what do they have in common? They are all completely correctable. So, if you’re tired of shivering your timbers when all you want is comfort and warmth within the confines of your own home, contact Furnace Doctors – Heating Shoreview today. We’ll accurately diagnose the problem and give you a guaranteed upfront price to fix it. Plus, we guarantee your 100% satisfaction.